Shall I Go To JNVG Alumni Or Not ?

The day I passed out from the school in 2005 there was a question being asked by a classmate of mine.
"When are you coming back to the school", she said.
"I will see. I will be here if I get into a good college." I speculated with naivety.

Well, I always wanted to be a Doctor but (un)fortunately ended up being an Engineer. The implication of the above conversation is neither intended at I choosing B.Tech instead of MBBS (I will tell you if you call me. :-)) nor about the girl who asked the question(I won't tell the name even if you call me again and again). It is about the hurdles that stops us from traveling an extra mile to visit the school. We are busy people, we have job, we have bosses, some have two types of bosses (home+office), some have home-boss as their office-boss, some have kids, some have college, many have attendance-shortage, some have exams (don't think about missing this) and some have no-time.
For the matter of fact, we(most) admit that the hairpin curve that happened in our lives was THIS beautiful school. A Priceless gift. We are today because of it, at least I am.
During the last alumni, I heard people saying, "JNV is like a well and the students are frogs. We need more exposure with the outside world". I go in accord with it. The small-yet-so-big-well has been turning dumb & innocent frogs into successful hulks (ಕಪ್ಪೆMan) for the last 25 years.We are the incredible hulks from the same well. A tenure of 7 years has created an unperceivable bond among ourselves. 

Alumni meet is an opportunity to relive the sweet old days with the same old leg-pulling-yet-loving-friends. I don't intend to motivate your to come out of the complacency and visit the school instead I would want to tell you that you are failing to grab the opportunity to smile at, remembering your Cement Grey Color ಚಡ್ಡಿ & Skirt.
It is indeed an inexplicable and ravishing moment when you say again and again,
  • ಲೇ this was my desk. I hated/loved to sit here man.
  • I was slapped in this place for sleeping (or for staring at...).
  • I was made to sit with that girl for failing English over there.
  • This is where I studied for my Board exams. Look at his/her name in the topper's board.
  • This is the computer where I created my first email id.
  • This is the place where I proposed her, where she cried and made me get beaten-up/debarred (rarely accepted). 
  • Here is my cot. AAhhh.. "Did we actually ಸೂ-ಸೂ here...? "
  • Oh.... Open bathroom where we took bath with colored water.
  • I still love that Ghee rice and ಕುರ್ಮಾ . Those magical sleep-inducing-ದೋಸ.
  • ಲೋ .. ಅಲ್ಲಿ ನೋಡು..  ಅಮೃತ (Teacher's Tea), Girl's dormitory, Terrace, Compound, ಬೆಟ್ಟ.
  • ಸಪೋಟ ಮರ & ತೆಂಗಿನ ಮರ ನೆನಪಿದಿಯಾ?
If I go on listing the things, I am certain to hit the size of our 'Chemistry ABC or Accountancy books'. It is admirable to give some token of respect to the teachers who display beaming smile when they look at you. Always remember we are the celebrities for the cute, innocent juniors of ours who always look up to us. The way they gather around you when you plan to narrate something. They capture all your conversation and share among themselves and leave it for posterity. Just like the way we were told, "ಏನ್ ಗೊತ್ತ ! Senior ತೋಟಪ್ಪ ಅಂತ ಓಡ್ತ ಇರೋ ಜಿಂಕೆ ಹಿಡ್ದಿದ್ರಂತೆ!" even though  I never knew who ತೋಟಪ್ಪ (enlighten me if you do) was.

Let us make the two days of this year memorable. Come and cherish on Alumni Day.

NOTE: If you have taken some extra efforts (not sleeping in the train whole night coz of yelling-shouting, getting scolded by bus-mates) in reaching the School for the alumni, please narrate me the story. I will cover it on the Blog so that others can inculcate values from you.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Girl - Give Me a Chance To Live.

A Simple Change in Our Attitude Can Save a Lot

Marriage Mania