Is God Himself Greedy and Illogical?

I confess to say that I am a seasonal theist and atheist. I sometimes believe and sometimes criticize God like everyone else do. Being born in a family which firmly believed in this super power always enforced me to inculcate all the divinely related fantasies. The belief of God had a profound impact on me and I always saw things as an outcome of wimps and fancies of our dear God. I was forced to wash myself every single evening and lit Diya and pray God. Well, I raise no question against this beautiful culture that India is always proud of. But the subtle part of my brain always acted as a cynic, always interrogated on his existence and cardinal principles laid by him. 

Let me assume the whole world believes in God !

I remember a story that I had read during my childhood reckoning Lord Krishna's wit. There were two people living in a village. One was pathetically poor and owned a cow for his livelihood and other was a landlord and owned huge wealth. The poor chanted Krishna's during his free time while the rich never prayed at all. One day, Krishna ceased the cow from the poor man making his life more miserable and in turn threw more wealth to the Rich guy. When someone interrogated Krishna about his intention, he answered," I ceased Cow from the poor so that he can use his busy time also in chanting and praying. In turn his Punya (Virtuous deeds) flourish retaining a seat for him in Heaven. I gave wealth to the rich so that he can never think about praying or any virtuous deed." This story changed my perception about almighty. I felt God is illogical. What is the point living in a hell thinking about heaven.


I questioned why someone like God would want attention from these ordinary human beings. I have known people who borrow huge cash so that they can offer a Pooja to Mr.God in turn Mr.God can throw some of his attention towards them. But the real fact would be, the person will wallow in the despair and retain perennially on loan. This rat race goes on and on, the father will teach son to believe and follow the same. I am still unable to realize, why would someone need to go the temple, church or mosque to pray. If someone say, the main objective of praying is intended at providing peace, I would comply with it as it is something to do with peace of mind. If someone else come up with saying that the whole process is way to get God's grace to live peacefully. I would ask,"WHY..? Is he also greedy, desperate and a self-conceited fool like us? Asking sacrifices and Poojas to convert dark into light, sorrow into happiness?" I am fine with the approach, believe in God or Power. But why should someone fast in the name of God, perform Homa and sacrifice animals? Can't he see the imbalance and give good to the weak and desperate?



Whenever we try to break the belief over Mr.God, we step back. It is the fear that we possess. The dreaded fear about loosing the hard earned money, our true love, family, luxury and many more things which are integral part of our lives. We again believe if we loose interest over God, we might plunge in the turmoil of misery and misfortune. We correlate to God's bane when something bad happens. We are indeed weak and tied by the complex knots of faith and belief. I have seen several theist and atheists who are amazingly successful. It is hard to find unsuccessful/miserable person who is an atheist. Are we just blaming and admiring a second person, in the name of God, calling him either benignant or heartless?

Comments

  1. hmm... so you questioning his existence? or claiming the question itself is unreasonable as there is not point doing it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not exactly... I am trying to say in the last paragraph that, we are a lot scared taking risk in lives in the name of God..!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Girl - Give Me a Chance To Live.

A Simple Change in Our Attitude Can Save a Lot

Marriage Mania