A Letter By Year 2011

Dear All,

I still remember the moment, crinkles of curiosity on the forehead of millions of you, waiting for all the needles of the clock to tick upwards for 00:00:00 AM, towards the heaven. Your welcome was amazing, the best thing that happened in my whole life. I was welcomed to your world as Jan 1st 2011. I remember, it was a Saturday then. I witnessed balloons, promises, cakes, resolutions, kisses, love, crackers, joy, parties, ecstasy, tear, fear and care.An amazing celebration, that you guys have been endeavoring every time marking as the token of love for us for entering your life.

I never thought this day would come. The farewell day. I would like to share the greatest feeling that I have cherished and shared with all of you in my lifetime. Every single day of the last 365 days were adding new experience into your life and into my life. An experience bucket filled with all possible combinations of, known and unknown emotions to the mankind. You tried hard to remember me at the beginning, your were still in the hangover of the year 2010, my cousin. Later, I was imbibed into your lives like the water seeping into a heap of sand. I was into the notepads, calenders, appointment schedules and in almost everything that were essential for all of you. Even in your heart. I loved everyone unconditionally, from the school children who wrote my name on their notebook to the elders moved their fingers on my name of the calender.

Some of you loved me, you called me an awesome year. Some others cursed me thinking that I blemished their pool of happiness. Some wanted to get me out of their life sooner and yet others wished me to stay with them, a little longer. Everything was in equal weights, happiness and sorrow, comments and compliments, adventure and accidents, growth and hiatus, love and tear, new relations and breakups, birth and death. It sounds little ridiculous to admit that they were in equal weights, but in reality, you all failed to notice them. It always happens, Just Chill Madi.

Oh, I forgot to introduce you to my younger brother year 2012. He is not as scary as you all think in fact he is more awesome than me. He is certainly not going to end your world. He is more excited than me to be a part of your life for another 366 days. I can't lie on your laps and take my last breath. You know why? Coz I am not a living being life like you all dammit. I am just an notion of experience. The greatest lesson that I would like to teach you is, life goes on, so move on and explore. Make every day of your life adventurous, colorful and joyful. Happiness is the only thing that matters at the end of the day. Try to make the day beautiful.
Alas, this is the last day of my life. At last, the time has come to bid goodbye. I hope to be remembered a little longer with year-2011-hangover.

Yours Lovingly,
Year 2011.

Comments

  1. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Girl - Give Me a Chance To Live.

A Simple Change in Our Attitude Can Save a Lot

Marriage Mania